World Human Rights Day at SAHS
On World Human Rights Day 2019 Amnesty hosted several guest speakers in the Main Forum Room.
- Hour 1: Buff Grace, Minnesota Interfaith Power & Light, Climate Change and Human Rights
- Hour 2: Michele McKenzie, The Advocates for Human Rights, Immigration and Human Rights
- Hour 3: Mitchell LeGrand , H2O for Life, Water as a Human Right
- Hour 4: Tricia Loehr, Washington County Attorney's Office, Sex Trafficking in Washington County
- Hour 5: Paul Chmelik, Center for Victims of Torture, Protecting and Healing Victims of Torture
- Hour 6: Kirsten Carter, BIZAA Club and Dollars for Dreams, SAHS Students Take Action on Child Trafficking and Global Poverty
Students and staff had the opportunity to sign Amnesty International petitions in the Upper Rotunda area.